Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thanks David

Kittens: No gender, just cute.

Fact: Androgyny wins. No one is ever really quite sure what to make of you, which manifests throughout each day as a multitude of polite, awkward smiles from strangers. You may also be sure that you will receive the best service at all sorts of businesses; professionals generally like to avoid offending anyone who looks like they are probably in some sort of minority or another. Most importantly, you may wear anything.

At 3 months into HRT, the stuff is kickin' in, and I am gliding across the gender spectrum towards female. The changes are sneaky, though, and I never notice them from day to day. The thing is, well, hormones don't fuck around. I've manned down significantly already, and the process is ongoing for another 2-3 years. I may actually end up losing my androgyny. While I was out yesterday, I wore brown cargo pants and a leather jacket. A boy gasped in shock after he heard me speak, then started yelling to his friends, "I thought that was a girl!" It seems like my masculine and feminine sides are both becoming ladies. Since they're in the same body, that works out quite nicely. 

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes
  • My beard grows back slightly slower.
  • My body hair grows back much slower and is much finer.
  • My skin is softer.
  • My face sits differently. I can consciously feel that it's not quite the same shape, but it's very subtle.
  • My chest has a pair of painful, hard bumps, which are requiring additional layers of clothing to hide.
And it is awesome.

Turn and face the strange

1 comment: